It seems social media is all the rage these days in marketing, but for many businesses, traditional time- proven marketing tools continue to deliver great results.
Here are 6 ways to attract attention and new customers.
1. Offer something free : Nothing gets people's attention more than getting something for nothing. A free consultation, product ("buy 2 get 1 free"), or a free sample, definitely leads to extra sales.
2. Brand yourself as an expert : Get to be known in your community as a leader in what you do. You'll need to advertise less because your reputation will cause people to seek you out. Become the go-to-guy by sharing your time with public talks, work with garden or civic clubs, writing articles, having a podcast and getting quoted in the local paper.
3. Aim for positive PR : Engaging with local reporters and media outlets to pay attention to you and your business will definitely get you more business.
4. Use vehicle graphics effectively : Have your vehicles designed so they stand out in traffic. There's a fine balance between too much and too little. You must have a phone and website on the vehicle. You may not need a full garish "wrap". Be tasteful and memorable.
5. Have a contest : Offer customers a chance to trade in their old hose for a discount on a new sprinkler system. Collect old light bulbs for discounted LED replacements. Find a way to make it fun. The important thing is that a contest will 1) engage your audience, and 2) get you some of that great PR you want for your business.
6. Get involved a good cause : Donating your time or product to worthy causes creates goodwill.